Deadline: February 10, 2023
Applications for the Youth Dialogue on Internet Governance (YOUthDIG) 2023 are now open. The YOUthDIG is a yearly pre-event to the European Dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG) aimed to foster active participation of young people.
They are looking for 30 young people from all over Europe (members states at the Council of Europe) to participate in a pre-event programme which prepares young people who are interested about topics related to the Internet to become active participants in EuroDIG.
During YOUthDIG you learn about Internet Governance and discuss and exchange ideas with experienced internet policy practitioners but also experience peer-to-peer learning and networking with youth residing in Europe. You will be actively involved by developing policy messages (see Reporting) that you will be presenting at EuroDIG but also the global IGF.
The YOUthDIG event will be composed of an online phase with virtual meetings and the physical event. The YOUthDIG in person meeting will be held from June 16 – 19, followed by EuroDIG on June 19 – 21, both in Tampere, Finland.
- If your application is successful, you are offered a travel grant to attend YOUthDIG and EuroDIG 2023 in Tampere, Finland. You will be expected to arrive one day before the start of YOUthDIG, and you must attend the pre-event webinars, YOUthDIG and EuroDIG in full to receive your reimbursement.
- You will pay your travel in advance and they will reimburse you on successful completion after the event.
- They reimburse travel from Airport A to Airport B and will provide accommodation. You are responsible for any costs related to COVID-requirements, insurance, visa, local transportation, and daily needs.
- Open to anybody between the ages 18-30 by June 16, 2023.
- Must reside in the Pan-European region.
- They are looking for newcomers in Internet Governance, those who do not have any prior experience and want to learn something new or those who work on a specific subject area (e.g. AI, cybersecurity, law, art, communications, biology, medicine, or other) and want to broaden their understanding on how digitalisation or internet policies would impact their fields.
Do not use auto-fill as your input may be classified as spam resulting in not transmitting the form. You should receive a response after sending the form by being forwarded to a success page and via email.
Application period will end at February 10, 2023 at 23:59 CET.