Deadline: March 12, 2023
Applications for the Aarohan Social Innovation Awards 2023 are now open. The Aarohan Social Innovation Awards seeks to reward innovators developing unique technology-based solutions to bring about a significant difference at scale.
Innovations have the power to change the world. More so when they are thought from the heart. A heart that wants to help people live better, shape societies, and transform lives. And that is how Social Innovation is born.
But what fuels such an idea? It is the need to help. Help solve a real-world problem. A fellow human. When an idea is driven by empathy, the way-forward inevitably appears before you. Everything around you becomes a resource and anything you get your hands on becomes an asset. And the dedication to solve a real-world problem leads you to life altering ideas and heart-touching innovations. That’s the power that drives Social Innovation.
Aarohan Social Innovation Awards not only celebrates such innovations but believes in giving wings to your ideas by helping you scale-up and touch more lives.
Aarohan Social Innovation Awards 2023 will recognize and reward social innovations in the following categories:
- Healthcare: From making healthcare accessible to all strata of society, to helping better diagnose diseases, they are looking for innovations that will help people and communities live healthier lives.
- Education: Right to education may be a fundamental right in India, but poverty denies many the childhood they deserve. If your prototype can make a difference in the field of education and sports, share your idea here.
- Women Empowerment: From better access to products related to personal hygiene, helping women build a fulfilling career, to ensuring their safety, they are looking for innovations that can empower women, build pride and make them self-sufficient.
- The Infosys Foundation will commit up to INR 50 lakh per winner, with a total prize purse of INR 2 crore.
- Open only to legal residents of India.
- Employees and directors of Infosys Limited and Infosys Foundation (“Sponsor”), the Company hosting the Contest Platform (“Administrator”) and each of their respective parent entities, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, owners, officers, directors, partners, agents, representatives, employees and contractors, advertising, promotion agencies, web masters and web suppliers (collectively “Released Parties”) and their respective dependents, immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse) and individuals residing in their same household, are not eligible to enter or win a prize.
- Immediate family members of any of the judges are also not eligible to enter or win a prize.
The submissions will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Application to a social problem or need with a potential to scale
- Innovative use of technology with a focus on sustainability
- Originality of idea
- Originality of idea
- Quality of entry submission
The application deadline is March 12, 2023 at 11.59PM (IST). Late applications will be disqualified.