Deadline: April 3, 2023
Nominations are open for the Vision Super Local Heroes Awards 2023. In partnership with Australian Services Union, the Vision Super Local Heroes Awards recognises local government workers for their outstanding contributions to their communities. These awards bring much-needed recognition to individual workers or teams who go above and beyond.
Nominations must demonstrate at least one of the following criteria. A local government or library worker who has:
- Made a significant difference to a community or member of a community.
- Contributed to the safety of an individual or group in the community.
- Made a substantial contribution to the welfare of a vulnerable person or group in the community.
- The total prize pool for the Awards is $3,000. There will be one Grand Prize winner and four runners up prize winners.
- The Winner will receive $1,000 gift card and the Runners Up will each receive a $500 gift card.
- Nominations are open to all local government workers in Australia, associated organisations operated by the council and local libraries.
- Nominations may be made on behalf of others or self-nominated.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of judges compromising of employees from the Organiser and representatives from the Naming Sponsor.
- Entries will be judged against set criteria including content, act involved, impact and the ‘Local Hero’ theme of the Award. Prize Winners will be determined based on a total score derived from the above criteria. The decision of the judging panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision. This Award is a game of skill only and chance plays no part in determining the Prize Winners.
You can nominate an individual or group by filling in a nomination form online. Nominations close on Monday, 3 April 2023.
For more information, visit Vision Super Local Heroes Awards.