Deadline: June 15, 2023
Applications are invited for the Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest for Young People 2023. This annual essay contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, creativity and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
Theme: Youth Creating a Peaceful Future
What does a peaceful world look like to you? How can young people work together, using creative ideas and approaches to realize a peaceful future? Share your specific ideas.
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
- 1st Prize (1 entrant): Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$740 as of Feb. 2023) and gift
- 2nd Prize (3 entrants): Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$370 as of Feb. 2023) and gift
- 3rd Prize (5 entrants): Certificate and gift
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift
- Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2023) in one of the following age categories:
- Children (ages up to 14)
- Youth (ages 15 – 25)
- Essays must be 700 words or less in English or French, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese. Essays must be typed, with your name and essay title included at the top of the first page.
- There are no particular rules regarding formatting (font style, size, line space, etc.). However, essays must be submitted in either MS Word (DOC/DOCX) or PDF format.
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
Entries must be submitted online. Entries submitted by postal mail or e-mail are not accepted.
For more information, visit International Essay Contest.