Deadline: April 1, 2023
Applications are open for the NEA Foundation Global Learning Fellowship 2023. Through the NEA Foundation Global Learning Fellowship, public school educators develop the knowledge and skills to integrate global competency into their daily classroom instruction, advocate for global competency in their schools and districts, and help students to thrive in our increasingly interconnected world. Fellows transform their classrooms to give students a global perspective.
Over the course of a year, NEA Foundation Global Learning Fellows immerse themselves in online coursework, webinars, reading and reflection as well as in a two-day professional workshop and an international field study. The field study brings the cohort together to investigate the historical and cultural context of the country they visit and learn about its education system through meetings with policymakers, business and nonprofit leaders as well as visits to schools to meet teachers, students and administrators. The NEA Foundation partners with EF Educational Tours, a global leader in international education, to design transformative field study experiences for the Fellows. The field study country for the 2024 cohort is Costa Rica.
The NEA Foundation covers all costs for breakfasts and dinners, lodging, travel, and professional development activities. However, NEA Foundation Global Learning Fellows are responsible for the following:
- Securing leave from school (if needed) for fall PD workshop and late July international field study
- Acquiring/updating U.S. passport
- Purchasing daily lunches for international field study (approximately $200)
- Contributing to tips for local guides and bus drivers (approximately $100 total)
You are eligible to apply if:
- You are employed as a current classroom educator with responsibility for creating lesson plans and delivering instruction to K-12 students in a public school.
- You have three or more years of teaching experience.
- You are a current NEA member.