Deadline: April 21, 2023
Applications are open for the Casa África 9th Purorrelato Micro-story Contest 2023. Casa África launches the ninth edition of Purorrelato, its micro-story contest that aims to promote literary creation that encourages us to feel and think about Africa and to continue showing different realities that approach us to the continent, away from the stereotypes that have marked it for so long.
The theme is free, although the micro-stories should be related to Africa in some way. The story could take place inside or outside the continent and its degree of relation with Africa could range from a detail to the total protagonism of the story.
- First award: 750 Euros
- Second award: 375 Euros
- Third award: 225 Euros
- In addition to the financial awards, Casa África may grant runners-up prizes or special mentions to authors whose texts are ranked between fourth and sixth place.
- Any person over the age of 18 can participate, with a maximum of three micro-stories per author.
- Casa África staff and winners of previous editions are excluded.
- In addition, the micro-stories must be original, unpublished and must not have won a prize or be pending a decision in other contests or competitions.
- Participants must guarantee that there are no third-party rights over the micro-stories submitted and will be responsible for any claims that may be made in this respect.
- The micro-stories could be submitted in Spanish, English, French or Portugueses, with a maximum length of 1500 characters (not words) including spaces and excluding the title.
- Download, fill in, sign and scan your application form. Save the generated PDF because you will need it to attach it on the platform.
- Have your micro-stories ready.
- Have a copy of your ID card or passport ready.
- With all these documents ready, enter Mundo Arti (you will have to register if you have not done so before). If you have any problems when participating, send an email to [email protected]
For more information, visit Casa África.