Deadline: March 24, 2023
The European Solidarity Corps Call for PEACE Volunteers 2023 is now open. PEACE (Peace through Exchange and Active Citizenship Education) is a secondary school trimester mobility programme for 15-18years with a focus on active citizenship, taking place twice each year.
The exchange includes homestays in host families and provides an immersive experience in another culture. At the end of the 3 months, the programme participants meet their peers from all over Europe at the Europe Camp in Belgium coordinated by EFIL together with a team of AFS volunteers; the Europe Camp takes place in April and late November. Here the participants get to share and reflect on their exchange experience and participate in workshops on active citizenship, European identity, global citizenship education, and on change making, and learn about the opportunities provided by EU policies to support young people in their personal, social and professional development.
The exchange programme is managed by EFIL members – AFS organisations in Europe – and EFIL’s role is to support the quality of the programme by providing educational material on global, European and active citizenship, to be used during participants’ and volunteer trainings at local level.
- Be a member of the preparatory team of the November PEACE Camp 2023, in the role of participants coordinator;
- Be a member of the team of the April PEACE Camp 2023;
- Support the EFIL Staff in exploring the opportunity to develop PEACE as a brand, defining a possible work plan towards this future development;
- Follow the preparations for the two PEACE programme cycles and Camps from the collection of number of participants to the updating of the PEACE Manuals and other educational materials;
- Based on the volunteer’s interest, support the implementation of other EFIL projects from preparation to follow-up (recruitment and communication with participants, administration, reporting, logistics, content development);
- Any other tasks related to the work of EFIL to be identified during the ESC period together with the volunteer.
The volunteer will be under the supervision of Elisa Briga, Secretary General, and of Marie Boutier, Coordinator of the PEACE Programme.
- This European Solidarity Corps programme lasts 9 months. During the ESC programme, the volunteer will take part in ESC orientation camp (organised by the National Agency JINT), can follow a language course – either Dutch or French (costs will be covered by EFIL), and engages for 37.5 hours of volunteer work a week (incl. language classes).
- The volunteer receives an allowance of 940 euros (covering accommodation, food and pocket money), plus the return international travel at the beginning and end of the programme is covered.
- The volunteer should be a legal resident of an EU country or one of the following countries: Turkey, Iceland, Norway, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Egypt, Tunisia, Russian Federation.
- The volunteer should be between 18 and 30 years old.
- The volunteer applying should already have taken contact with a European Solidarity Corps sending organisation holding a valid quality label (either an AFS organisation or other*).
*Note that NOT all AFS Organisations are ESC accredited organisations; check with your office before submitting your application.
To apply, interested volunteers should submit the following:
- Motivation letter;
- Name and contact of the sending organisation.
The documents need to be submitted to [email protected] by Friday 24 March 2023 (23:59 CEST). Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.
In the email subject please specify: EFIL ESC Application – PEACE – full name
For more information, visit European Solidarity Corps Volunteers.