Deadline: May 14, 2023
Applications are open for the JUMPSTARTER Global Pitch Competition 2023. JUMPSTARTER is a not-for-profit initiative curated by Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund that provides a platform for all entrepreneurs and young people to jump start their dreams in Hong Kong.
It is also a first-of-its-kind startup event focused exclusively on showcasing quality startups and providing high-impact networking opportunities. Their goal is to build, empower and boost Hong Kong’s startup ecosystem and entrepreneurship by bringing entrepreneurs, corporates, investors and the public together, helping to transform Hong Kong into a leading hub for global innovation and technology.
- Pitch to top investors & corporates
- Win a share of up to US$5 million investment and HK$1 million cash
- Gain global recognition & media exposure
- Connect with Alibaba ecosystem
- Free exhibition opportunity
- Sponsored travel to HK for the Grand Finale
- Applicant must be the Founder or Co-founder of the startup.
- Startup is ideation-stage or early-stage or growth-stage. The business has been operational for less than 5 years.
- Startup must have raised less than US$20 million in funding to date.
- Startup must possess an innovative business idea or product or service and demonstrate how your innovation and technology has impacted your business, your industry and the people.
- Startup must desire to make Hong Kong and/or other cities in the GBA be part of your future plans.
- Innovation and Industry Disruption – 20%
- Evidence of innovative advances in product, service, application, adoption etc
- Potential to disrupt the relevant industry
- Value proposition
- Market Potential, Business Model & Scalability – 20%
- Ability of the idea to generate revenue
- Competitiveness, barriers to entry, first mover advantages etc
- Unit economics and scalability
- Traction and Further Development Plan – 20%
- Operation and financial metrics, milestones and achievements since inception
- Forecast and product roadmap
- Team Background and Strength – 15%
- Capabilities and expertise to execute the business plan
- Passion, ambition, vision, culture
- Hong Kong or Greater Bay Area Nexus (Founder Background + HK / GBA Plan) – 15%
- Background of founders
- Plans to utilize Hong Kong or GBA to expand your business
- Evidence of existing or future operation plans in Hong Kong or GBA
- Impact – 10%
- Creating a long-term positive impact on your industry, local/global communities and the world
- Being socially responsible, or sustainable by fulfilling at least one of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
For more information, visit JUMPSTARTER Competition.