Deadline: April 21, 2023
Applications for the Boris Nemtsov Summer School of Journalism and Socio-Cultural Studies 2023 are now open. The Summer School of Journalism and Socio-Cultural Studies is a full-time training program for young journalists, bloggers, popularizers of science and creators of media content from all over the world.
The school is held annually from mid-July to early August in Prague on the basis of the Faculty of Philosophy of Charles University. In 2023, the school will be held on the basis of the Ruhr University in Bochum (Germany).
The Summer School is not only an excellent media training, but also an opportunity to meet colleagues from all over the world. They help participants to expand their contacts in the journalistic and cultural environment. And most importantly, they create an active community.
An important component of training is the implementation by all participants of independent media projects, which are discussed at special seminars with professional editors. Most classes will be held in Russian language.
The program is a minimum of theory and a maximum of practice. It includes workshops with editors during which students present and discuss their projects. The school helps with the publication of the best materials on the platforms of partner media.
Lectures and workshops are held on weekdays (exceptions are possible due to the schedules of lecturers). They expect that the participants of the Summer School will attend all classes provided for by the program. On weekends, they offer students optional cultural and sports activities. The program is quite intense, so you will not be able to combine it with work or study during this period.
- Participation in the program is free of charge. The school covers travel expenses, accommodation, as well as meals and medical insurance. The rest of the costs are borne by students independently.
- Applicants should be 18+.
- Have preferably no more than 3 years experience.
- Be a journalist, bloggers, popularizers of science and creators of media content from all over the world.
- Be fluent in Russian.
- Project for publication / presentation: a clearly formulated concept of the media project that you implement following the seminars (in the application form there is a mandatory block of questions where you need to specify the topic of the media project and explain its relevance to the audience).
For more information, visit Boris Nemtsov Summer School.