Deadline: March 27, 2023
Applications are open for the Because Accelerator 2023. Get to the next stage of your innovative product in the Because Accelerator—a free online incubator program for entrepreneurs in the early-to-middle stages of product development.
The Because Accelerator is a 16-week cohort that is uniquely focused on increasing revenue growth trajectory and creating plans for sustained growth. At the end of the program, entrepreneurs will have a written business plan, an investor-ready pitch, progress towards or completion of a next-level goal, and an opportunity to participate in a pitch competition for a cash prize.
2023 Cohort Details
The Because Accelerator is designed for an entrepreneur who is in the early to middle stages of product development. The program is uniquely focused on overcoming the challenges to developing affordable manufactured products which have proven market attractiveness and are ready to aim for production at scale. This training will be beneficial for both entrepreneurs who are launching their first product, or those who are looking to add something to an existing line. The sessions cover the following concepts:
- Fully understanding the problem
- Stages of product design and development
- Launching a business
- Creating a financial plan
- Developing a marketing and sales plan
- Setting and achieving growth goals
Upon completion, entrepreneurs will have a written business plan, a polished pitch ready to share with potential investors, progress towards or completion of a next level goal and an opportunity to participate in an annual pitch competition.
- Training: A 16-week, online curriculum covers topics common to startups and illustrated by Because International’s experience with our own social enterprise startup, The Shoe That Grows.
- Coaching: After the first four weeks, select entrepreneurs will be matched with an experienced coach who will mentor them during the program and beyond.
- Networking: Entrepreneurs network with members of their cohort, alumni of the Because Accelerator and the Because Advisor Network—a group of subject matter experts with connections worldwide.
- Funding: At the end of the cohort, select entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to compete in a pitch event for a cash prize. As a result of this competition, they’ve linked entrepreneurs to over $100k in funding.
- Any early-to-middle stage entrepreneur with a manufactured product that has proven market attractiveness, will improve lives and create local jobs is encouraged to apply.
- They do not work with entrepreneurs in the restaurant, entertainment, education, software, food or service industries.
They run two cohorts each year. A cohort is a group of entrepreneurs who start the program at the same time and go through it together. They’d love to consider you for the next cohort! The first step is to complete an application.
For more information, visit Because Accelerator.