Deadline: April 9, 2023
Applications are invited for the 3rd cohort of the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network SDGs Advocate Programme 2023. The SDGs Advocate Programme is designed as a 3-month intensive training and advocacy programme for Nigerian Youths.
The training includes 20+ lectures, original readings, and comprehensive assessments that will allow young actors and changemakers to deepen their understanding of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The goal of this programme is to build a community of exceptional young leaders who will champion and promote SDGs advocacy across the nation.
This programme seeks to offer youths between the ages of 18-35 years an opportunity to become one of Nigeria’s SDGs advocates, supporting them in the achievement of the SDGs across the 36 states in Nigeria. It promotes the active participation of youths and the creation of long-lasting change in their communities or immediate environments whilst also contributing to global goals.
The mission of the SDGs Advocate Programme is to create a world where every primary and secondary school student, household, or community group is equipped with the knowledge, values, and skills necessary for effectively responding to the most significant challenges of this century and shaping a sustainable and prosperous world.
- At the end of this programme, they aim to build exceptional advocates and leaders that would possess vast knowledge and proven track record of working with schools and communities to promote the level of awareness and education for Sustainable Development.
- All Advocates are expected to lead impactful campaign in their communities and adopted schools, that would accelerate the attainment of the 2030 Agenda. Only successful participants in this phase would be issued a Certificate of Completion.
- Membership access to SDSN global network, thus becoming world-recognized SDG Advocate.
- This programme would also establish friendly and professional connections between youths, thus creating an avenue for sharing experiences, further collaborations and the development of joint projects between global youths in the sustainable development space.
- Applicant must be Nigerian between the ages of 18 – 35 years.
- Ability to commit at least 4 hours per week throughout the programme.
- Availability to partake in virtual training.
- Interested in being a development and transformation agent
- Applicants must not necessarily be acquainted with the knowledge of the SDGs 2030.
For more information, visit SDGs Advocate Programme.