Deadline: April 4, 2023
Applications are open for the National Press Foundation Future of the American Child Reporting Fellowship 2023. The National Press Foundation is continuing an in-depth look into child well-being in 2023 by hosting the second “Future of the American Child” journalism training from May 7-10. Following a successful January 2023 fellowship in McAllen, Texas, NPF will offer an all-expenses-paid four-day fellowship in Cleveland.
Leading health researchers, policymakers, advocates and senior journalists will explore topics including:
- Children’s mental health
- Child labor laws and how to explain their effectiveness—or lack thereof
- Interventions for youth in the criminal justice system
- How policymakers grapple with child welfare reform
- Racial and gender disparities
- Advances in child development research
- The impact of COVID-19 on overall child vaccination efforts
- How child well-being can be affected at the community level
- The foundation will cover airfare, hotel, transportation to the airport and most meals.
- Open to U.S.-based reporters and editors working in print, television, radio or online media.
- They greatly value diversity in all their programs and applicants from across the nation are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit a letter from their supervisors saying they will be permitted to attend all Cleveland-based sessions. Freelancers may submit a letter of interest from an editor. Fellows must also verify that they have received COVID-19 vaccinations.
For more information, visit National Press Foundation.