Deadline: March 31, 2023
Applications for the McGill Library/McGill SIS Master of Information Studies Fellowship 2023 for Black Students are now open. The McGill Library and the McGill School of Information Studies (SIS) are teaming up to provide a fellowship program for Black students to complete the two-year Master of Information Studies (MISt) at McGill. The MISt is the advanced degree required for most professional librarian positions. Two fellowship positions are available.
- Fellows will receive a tuition award for two years (4 semesters, not including fees) for the MISt program in SIS beginning Fall 2023.
- They will also receive a 15 hour per week paid position in the McGill Library during each academic term in an area of professional interest to the Fellow and addressing a need in the McGill Library. The current pay rate for these positions is $21.78 per hour.
- Open to Black students who hold a Bachelor’s degree. The MISt curriculum is full-time, in person, on the McGill campus in downtown Montreal beginning in the Fall semester 2023.
In order to be considered for the program, applicants must have submitted their application to SIS and have received an offer of admission to the information studies program OR The applicant may apply to the fellowship program before being accepted by SIS. Acceptance into the fellowship program is dependent upon the student enrolling in the McGill Master of Information Studies (MISt) program.
To apply to the McGill MISt program, click here.
To apply for the Master of Information Studies Fellowship for Black Students, submit the following to [email protected]:
- Cover letter, including your goals for the program and future plans in the field of library information studies;
- A statement confirming your eligibility for the program according to each of the eligibility criteria above;
- One letter of recommendation from an instructor, supervisor (past or present), or a member of the community;
- A resume/CV is optional, but not required.
Application deadline for the fellowship program is 5:00 PM (EST) March 31, 2023. All required documents must be received by this time.
For more information, visit McGill Library/McGill SIS Fellowship.