Deadline: March 24, 2023
Are you a Nigerian French-speaking student? Would you like to gain an international professional experience for 7 months? Then the France Education International Program is for you. The Embassy of France in Nigeria is accepting applications for the position of English language assistant to work in France during the 2023-2024 school year.
The English language assistant participates in the language training of students in class and outside of class. She/he aims to interest students and teachers in the language and culture of her/his country. The assistant can help teachers on many occasions: visits, exchanges, exhibitions, drama group, publication of a newspaper, school correspondence, running clubs, creation of didactic material.
- Remuneration: Currently, the net monthly salary of an assistant working in mainland France is €815.
- Social cover: Assistants are covered by French Social Security for the duration of their contract.
- Applicant must have Nigerian citizenship.
- Be between 20 and 30 years old on the date of taking office.
- Have completed their secondary education as well as their higher education in Nigeria.
- Be enrolled at the university on the date of application and have completed at least two years of higher education OR be a graduate less than two years before applying for the program.
- Have a minimum B1 level (official certification required).
- Be a native English speaker.
- Duration of functions: 7 months from October 1, 2023 to April 30, 2024. The duration of the stay cannot be shortened or modified at the candidate’s discretion, except in cases of force majeure. Assistants benefit from the same holidays as French pupils and teachers.
- Weekly 12-hour face-to-face service. Positions available in primary and secondary. This service can be spread over one or two establishments.
- Applications are open until Friday, 24 March 2023. Applicants must create an account on the ADELE platform.
- Make sure to select “nigériane” as your nationality (instead of “nigérienne”)
For more information, visit Embassy of France in Abuja.