Deadline: June 30, 2023
Champion positive social change through your video on migration and diversity and be recognized internationally. Submit your entry for the PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival 2023.
PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival is a joint initiative of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) that invites the world’s youth to submit original and creative videos focusing on the themes of migration, diversity and social inclusion. By supporting the distribution of youth-produced media, PLURAL+ recognizes youth as powerful agents of positive social change in a world often characterized by intolerance, and cultural and religious divisions.
- Recipients are invited to the place where the PLURAL+ Ceremony is held, all expenses paid, attended every year by a diverse, global audience (United Nations employees, media professionals, representatives of civil society organizations, academics, etc.).
- PLURAL+ recipients gain international exposure and the opportunity to connect and network with a multitude of professionals, peers, and organizations and to explore opportunities for further distribution and dissemination of their work. Partner recognitions vary according to the Partner organization.
- All filmmakers recognized by any of the six PLURAL+ distinctions, as well as those recognized by PLURAL+ Partners, will receive digital certificates. Filmmakers who participate in the call for submissions but are not recognized through any of the above can request a digital certificate of participation by sending an email to [email protected]. The PLURAL+ team will decide to confer such a certificate on a case-by-case basis.
- Open to young people of all nationalities with a keen interest in the cross-cutting issues of migration, diversity, social inclusion, and the prevention of xenophobia.
- Entrants to PLURAL+ must be 25 years old or less at the time of the production of their videos.
- PLURAL+ is organized into three age categories:
- up to 12 years old
- 13 to 17 years old and
- 18 to 25 years old.
- While the people appearing in the video do not have to be young, it is important that the video reflects the thoughts and opinions of the young filmmaker(s) about migration, diversity, social inclusion, and xenophobia. The person submitting the video (“the entrant”) must be actively involved in its making; e.g. either as a director, writer, camera person, editor, actor, coordinator, etc.
- Immediate family members of staff members of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC), the International Organization for Migration (IOM) and members of the PLURAL+ International Jury are not eligible to enter the competition.
PLURAL+ video entries must be:
- Between one (1) and five (5) minutes in length, including title(s) and opening/closing credits. ) If an entry is slightly below or above the aforementioned time limit, it will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-to-case basis at the discretion of the PLURAL+ team.
- In English or include English subtitles
- Produced after 1 January 2020.
In addition, PLURAL+ video entries can be of any genre (animation, documentary, music video, comedy, etc.) as long as they have the potential to make the audience think in constructive ways about the PLURAL+ themes – migration, diversity, social inclusion, and the prevention of xenophobia. If selected, entrants must be prepared to submit a digital copy of their video in either of the following formats: MOV (preferred), MP4, AVI, QT, MKV, or FLV. HD is preferred (1920×1080), but not required.
For more information, visit PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival.