Deadline: May 15, 2023
Applications are invited for the Paediatric Anaesthesia Training in Africa (PATA) Fellowship 2023 – Uganda. The Association of Anesthesiologists of Uganda (AAU) is offering two 12-month Paediatric Fellowship positions starting September 2023.
Fellows will work mainly with the Department of Anaesthesia at Makerere University College of Health Sciences and Mulago National Referral Hospital. Teaching will be provided by local faculty and visiting specialists.
PATA Uganda is locally led and supported by the WFSA, the Association of Anesthesiologists of Uganda, and experienced partners from the global surgery and anaesthesia space including Smile Train and the Vanderbilt University Medical Centre.
- The successful applicants will receive funding to cover accommodation and subsistence living expenses.
- Applicant must be from Uganda.
- Must be a registered anaesthesiologist in Uganda.
- Must be supported in their application by the national anaesthesiology society.
- Must be supported in their application by their head of department or hospital management.
- Must be returning to a recognised post in-country.
- Should ideally be working in a hospital that provides care primarily for paediatric surgical patients.
Complete your application form and upload the following documents.
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s national anaesthesiology society
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s head of department or hospital management
- Copy of medical degree
- Copy of specialist anaesthesiology qualification
Eligible applicants will be required to partake in an interview once the application period has closed. Following the interview period, successful applicants will be informed by June 1, 2023 by email.
Successful applicants must confirm their intention to take up the fellowship within 5 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the fellowship being offered to the next applicant.
For more information, visit PATA Fellowship – Uganda.