Deadline: April 28, 2023
Applications are open for the UNESCO/Poland Co-Sponsored Fellowships in Engineering 2023. With a view to promote human resource capacities in science and engineering in the developing countries and to enhance international understanding and friendship among peoples, 30 fellowships of six months duration, starting on October 2, 2023 are offered by UNESCO, the Polish National Commission for UNESCO and the UNESCO Chair for Science, Technology, and Engineering at the AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow, Poland.
The duration for the fellowship is 6 months, starting on October 2, 2023 to March 30, 2024 at the AGH University of Science and Technology.
Facilities Offered by the Polish Authorities
- Free tuition and access to the university facilities based on the local regulations.
- Monthly allowance of 1500 PLN for BSc degree students and 2200 PLN for MSc degree students (1 USD = approximately 4,40 PLN). Thus, all living expenses and accommodation in Poland are to be borne by the fellow with this allowance.
- A one-time special allowance of 1500 PLN for BSc degree students or 2200 PLN for MSc to be paid upon arrival in Poland. This sum will cover different activities related to your stay in Krakow, such as an obligatory medical check-up upon arrival (in accordance with the internal regulations for all students); cultural, historical and/or touristic visits, conferences, workshops, and seminars related to your studies.
Facilities Offered by UNESCO
- Air travel ticket (the most direct and economical route) to and from Krakow, Poland;
- Health insurance (up to $50,000 in accordance with EU requirements for Schengen visa) for fellowship beneficiaries who are declared medically fit;
- One-time special pocket allowance amounting to 120 (one hundred and twenty) US dollars.
- Open to applicants from one of the invited member states.
- They must be holders of a Masters or PhD degree.
List of Invited Member States
- AFRICA (32 Member States) • Angola • Benin • Botswana • Burkina Faso • Cameroon • Cape Verde • Chad • Côte d’Ivoire • Democratic Republic of the Congo • Eritrea • Ethiopia • Gabon • Gambia • Ghana • Kenya • Lesotho • Madagascar • Malawi • Mali • Mauritius • Mozambique • Namibia • Niger • Nigeria • Rwanda • Senegal • South Africa • Togo • Uganda • United Republic of Tanzania • Zambia • Zimbabwe
- ARAB STATES (2 Member States) • Iraq • Syrian Arab Republic (the)
- ASIA AND THE PACIFIC (22 Member States) • Bangladesh • Bhutan • Brunei Darussalam • Cambodia • Fiji • India • Indonesia • Kazakhstan • Kyrgyzstan • Lao People’s Democratic Republic • Malaysia • Mongolia • Nepal • Pakistan • Papua New Guinea • Philippines • Sri Lanka • Tajikistan • Thailand • Turkmenistan • Uzbekistan • Viet Nam
- LATIN AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN (15 Member States) • Argentina • Bolivia (Plurinational State of) • Brazil • Chile • Colombia • Cuba • Dominican Republic • Ecuador • El Salvador • Haiti • Jamaica • Mexico • Panama • Peru • Trinidad and Tobago
Applications should be submitted by midnight (Central Europe time), 28 April 2023.
Download the application documents:
- Announcement Letter with Annex I (Requirements and List of Invited Member States)
- Annex II (Terms and Conditions)
- Annex III (List of Invited Member States per region and field of study)
- Information Sheet, Check List
- UNESCO Fellowship Application Form with Certificate of Language Knowledge
How to Apply
- If the candidate complies with the conditions and terms spelled out in the announcement letter, she/he will have the opportunity to choose a maximum of 3 projects among the 30 proposed projects (candidates must provide the priority number of the projects)
- The candidate is invited to contact her/his National Commission for UNESCO and submit the requested documents to apply.
- The endorsed candidates by their National Commissions should register themselves to the Fellowship e-registration system.
Candidatures should be submitted by the invited Member State, channeled through their National Commission by midnight (Central Europe time), April 28, 2023 to the following email addresses: [email protected]; [email protected] and [email protected].
For more information, visit UNESCO/Poland Co-Sponsored Fellowships.