Deadline: June 30, 2023
Do you have a leading role in creating a just transition and amplifying the voices of the most affected by climate change within the Caribbean? Make real impact in Climate justice NOW! The Island Innovation Caribbean Climate Justice Leaders Academy is now open and accepting applications for an interactive course, which will run from mid-July 2023 to January 2024.
Throughout the course, you will be able to acquire the right knowledge, cultivate a network of like-minded peers, and interact to accelerate action taking your vision and work to the next level. Moreover, the top 5 participants will be able to travel to the 2023 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP28) as part of a fully-funded on-site learning experience in Dubai, broadening the reach and impact of your conversations for a positive Caribbean future.
- Weekly training sessions & access to the Online Platform: You’ll receive expert training and capacity building through 10 weeks of online training sessions from climate experts where you’ll learn about the basics of Climate Justice, effective communication, and how to take climate action.
- Networking and interactive sessions: Throughout the program, you will be able to engage with other climate professionals and community leaders. You’ll build your professional network and learn from others passionate about climate issues.
- Fully funded on-site learning experience at COP28: You will be included in a selection process that will choose 5 participants to travel and attend the 2023 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP28) in person happening this year in Dubai. Activities, events, and workshops will be organized, as well as networking sessions to make the most of the onsite learning experience. There will also be a unique opportunity to engage with key experts in the global arena.
- Share your plan of action with a global audience: At the end of the program, all participants will be able to share in front of a key audience of experts, their vision and plan of action as to how to implement the lessons learned and give back to the Caribbean to accelerate progress.
- Caribbean Climate Justice Mentorship Program: You will have the opportunity to mentor and guide the next cohort of the program and build long-lasting relationships to help accelerate climate action.
- Participants should be Caribbean nationals or residents over 10+ years within the Caribbean region.
- Aged between 18-35 years.
- Have relevant work, field, or study academic experience with a demonstrated track record in and commitment to:
- Justice issues or
- Sustainable innovation or
- Environmental advocacy or
- Community & grassroots organization
This Program focuses on elevating the role of Caribbean Youth in Climate Action. Whether you’re already working on justice, mitigating the effects of climate change within your community, strengthening the resilience of indigenous communities, or committed to building a better future for your region, this program might be just for you!
For more information, visit Caribbean Climate Justice Leaders Academy.