Deadline: June 15, 2023
Applications are open for the Dr. V. G. Patel Memorial Award 2023. The Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India has instituted the Dr. V. G. Patel Memorial Award to recognise the role of trainer-motivators in entrepreneurship development.
The Award is presented to an entrepreneurship professional for his/her outstanding performance/contribution in Entrepreneurship Training / Education / Mentoring / Knowledge Creation, leading to the setting up of enterprises. This National award is a tribute to Late Dr. V.G. Patel’s vision and zeal to establish entrepreneurship as a unique development strategy.
Late Dr. V. G. Patel, honoured with the Padma Shri on March 30, 2017, is recognized by the entrepreneurship fraternity as the ‘Father of Entrepreneurship Movement.’ After a legendary life spanning close to eight decades, the leader who was fondly known was ‘V. G.’ finally laid down his mantle and settled in peace on April 4, 2019. He started out in the 1970s, convincing people about ‘entrepreneurship’ and after a lot of hard times, succeeded in popularising the concept as the be-all and the end–all in raising a nation’s business index and thus generating employment opportunities and promoting economic development. The results of various efforts led premier financial institutes to set up a National Resource Institute in Entrepreneurship, the Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII), in Ahmedabad. Under the aegis of EDII, innovative programmes and projects deep-rooted entrepreneurship, bringing progress to the people, nationally and internationally. And, amidst all the planning and implementation, Entrepreneurship Trainers/Educators/Mentors played a major role in fructifying the dreams of Dr. Patel, whom he rightly hailed as the backbone of the entrepreneurship development movement. The achievements assign immortality to Dr. V. G. Patel. This award in particular seeks to celebrate his vision and unparalleled zeal to assign ‘entrepreneurship’ the status of a unique development strategy.
- The Award consists of a citation and a cash prize of Rs. 100,000/-
- Open to all professionals actively engaged in imparting Entrepreneurship training/education/mentoring/promoting Start-ups.
- Should have at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- The decision of a winner would be reached on the basis of analysis of the nominee’s achievements by a high-level award committee and personal interview of the Nominee. Decision of the Award Committee shall be final and binding on all the applicants.
- Incomplete applications are liable for rejection.
For more information, visit Dr. V. G. Patel Memorial Award.