Deadline: July 12, 2023
Applications are open for the GirlLEAD Women in Data Bootcamp 2023. This is a one-year virtual bootcamp for girls and young women of African descent to acquire beginner to advanced data skills. For participants who have some experience working with data, this is also an opportunity to take part in projects and competitions on the Datacamp platform so that you can build your portfolio, gain hands-on experience and confidently take on data science job interviews.
Through a partnership with Datacamp, GirlLEAD is offering premium access to all courses, skill proficiency assessments, guided and self-paced projects, and data science competitions all on the Datacamp platform. There is a myriad of tracks to choose from including: R Programming, Python Programming, SQL, Spreadsheets, Business Analytics, Data Analysis, Data Engineering, Data Science, Machine Learning, and more.
Program Structure: Online self-paced study, 1-2 hours mandatory bi-weekly catch-ups, Weekly assignments, Discussion forums and Group activities.
- Project based learning – You will solve practical problems and build projects for your portfolio.
- Full access to Datacamps courses, including unguided projects and competitions.
- Career services including job readiness course and CV revamp.
- Globally recognized certifications and access to Datacamp’s network of global students and faculty.
- Integration into the GirlLEAD fellowship network for life-long learning, networking and mentorship opportunities.
- Open to women of African origin;
- Be aged 16-40 years;
- Have a laptop, internet access and data;
- Available to take part in the program.
Application closes on July 12, 2023. The program will run from July 2023 to July 2024. Seats are limited, so your dedication and consistency throughout the program is vital to your success and the success of this program.
For more information, visit GirlLEAD Women in Data Bootcamp.