Deadline: July 17, 2023
Applications are open for the Ashley Lashley Foundation Global HEY Climate Fund 2023. The Global HEY Climate Fund aims to assist three selected young climate activists on their projects. All Applicants must submit their project proposal and the top three (3) proposals will be awarded a grant towards their projects.
Passionate individuals are encouraged to apply under any of the following thematic areas:
- Climate Change and Human Health: This theme allows applicants to propose technologies, projects, and/or initiatives that focus on the interrelatedness between the impacts, and threats, of climate change on human health as well as their mitigation and/or resolution.
- Climate Change, Water Conservation and Food Security: This theme allows applicants to propose technologies, projects, and/or initiatives that focus on water conservation (increasing catchment capacity, water availability or accessibility) and/or improving the food security (or self-reliance) of a town, city, state, country, or region.
- Solid Waste Management and Climate Change: This theme allows applicants to propose technologies, projects, and/or initiatives that focus on the interrelatedness between improper waste disposal practices, ineffective solid waste management, and the impacts, and threats, of climate change on human well-being and productivity as well as approaches for mitigation and/or resolution.
- This year selected projects will be rewarded $2,500 each. After being awarded this grant, recipients will update and show results of their projects to the Evaluation Committee of the Ashley Lashley Foundation.
- Open globally and is extended to countries which are a part of the following regions:
- The Caribbean
- Latin America
- North America
- Applicants must submit a proposal based on a project, or idea surrounding the topics: Climate Change & Human Health; Climate Change, Water Conservation & Food Security; and Solid Waste Management & Climate Change.
- To be eligible for this grant, all applicants must be between the ages of 13 and 27.
The deadline to submit all applications is July 17, 2023. Shortlisted applicants must be prepared to conduct an interview between July 31 to August 25, 2023, with The Ashley Lashley Foundation’s Evaluation Committee where applicants are to present their project or idea.
For more information, visit Global HEY Climate Fund.