Deadline: July 31, 2023
Applications are open for the Shark Tank of Wellness Global Student Competition 2023. The Shark Tank of Wellness competition is a global challenge where students submit their innovative ideas for the wellness industry for a chance to win prize money and a trip to the annual Global Wellness Summit.
GWS Wellness Sharks are seeking innovative new concepts that would make positive impact in the wellness industry, including sectors as varied as architecture/design, beauty, education, fitness, hospitality, investment, medicine, nutrition, real estate, spa, technology, travel, tourism and more.
Three finalists will be flown to the 2023 GWS being held November 6-9 in Doha, Qatar, to pitch their wellness business idea to a panel of Wellness Sharks who are top business leaders and investors in wellness. The Wellness Sharks will ask questions of the students, who will defend their innovations and make a business case for its feasibility on stage in front of the hundreds of attending Summit delegates—a “who’s who” in the global wellness world from over 50 countries.
- First Prize: One first-prize winner will receive US$5,000.
- Second Prize: One second-prize winner will receive US$3,000.
- Third Prize: One third-prize winner will receive US$2,000.
- Additional noncash prizes include airfare and hotel accommodations in Tel Aviv, Israel, for the top three student finalists (individual or team leader) and their professors. Also included is access to the three-day Summit (a $4,560 value), including all general sessions, breakout discussions and industry forums, featuring global industry leaders. A myriad of social events and a final evening gala are included. This is a priceless opportunity to meet and learn from global visionaries.
- Open to both individual students and teams of students over the age of 18 from anywhere in the world. There is no entry fee.
- If participating as a team and the team is chosen as one of the top three finalists, only the team leader will be eligible to attend the Global Wellness Summit with their professor.
- The participant(s) must be an undergraduate college or university student (working toward a one- or two-year diploma, a four-year Bachelor’s degree, or a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification) or a graduate/postgraduate student (working toward a Master’s, MBA, JD, MD or PhD degree) in a university or college of distinction at the time they develop and submit their concept.
- The participant(s) must be either a full-time or part-time student at the university or college.
- The participant(s) must have a professor or faculty advisor who serves as a mentor for their project.
- All contestants must be available to attend the 2023 Global Wellness Summit, November 6-9, in Doha, Qatar, to present their idea in person.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria, which will hold equal weight:
- Project innovation
- Visual appeal or design
- Relevance and importance to the wellness industry
- Viability as a business (customer/market analysis and competitors)
- Quality of the project presentation
- Step 1. Enter the competition as soon as possible to get the necessary information to compete. Register here!
- Step 2. Submit your entry for consideration by July 31, 2023.
For more information, visit Shark Tank of Wellness.