Deadline: July 28, 2023
Applications are open for the UONGOZI Institute Women’s Leadership Programme 2023. The Women’s Leadership Programme allows senior and emerging female leaders to navigate the unique leadership challenges that deter female professionals in the workplace from occupying senior leadership positions. The programme aims to enhance their ability to make strategic choices; lead people and resources; and excel in personal and leadership qualities.
The programme includes four sections: Women’s Leadership Forum (WLF), training, coaching, and mentoring. The WLF brings together political and business leaders to exchange ideas and share best practices to promote women’s inclusion in leadership roles. Training hones in on participants’ ability to manage their inner selves, lead others, and harness resources. It includes four modules that are run over six consecutive days.
Coaching and mentoring sessions come after training and are aimed at accelerating individual growth. The duration is five and a half months. The estimated time commitment per month is 1-4 days. To complete the programme, participants must fully participate and complete all sessions and also, complete graded assignments.
- Participants of the programme will receive fully-funded scholarships, covering programme fees; books; travel expenses, meals and refreshments during in-person sessions; and membership at UONGOZI Institute’s Resource Centre.
- Open to women in mid- and senior-level positions across all sectors.
- Applicants should have at least five years of supervisory, managerial or leadership experience;
- At least seven years of work experience;
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Requirements for admission are:
- Candidate’s Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding 3 pages)
- Recommendation, commitment and permission letter from the employer to confirm the applicant’s full participation in the programme
- A motivational statement (between 450 – 500 words) explaining the candidate’s leadership successes, challenges and reasons for applying for the programme
Applications must be received by Friday, July 28, 2023 at 23:00 hours (EAT). Applications received after this deadline will not be considered. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
For more information, visit UONGOZI Institute.