Deadline: August 18, 2023
Applications are open for the Watson Institute Rising Leaders of Mexico Fellowship 2023. The ‘Rising Leaders of Mexico’ Fellowship is a program designed to equip next-gen entrepreneurs from Mexico with the skills, resources, and experience to scale the impactful ventures they are building.
Fellows will join the Western Union Foundation Fellowship program alongside 45 other entrepreneurs to learn advanced skills in entrepreneurship and leadership, have the opportunity to earn seed funding, gain experience, and build a global network, as they lay the foundation to empower many more individuals and transform their communities.
- This is a fully-funded fellowship thanks to the generous support of Watson Institute partners Robin Luff and Jane McConnell.
- $10,000 in seed funding will be distributed among the Fellows based on progress and impact throughout the program.
- You are leading an early-stage social impact venture or community initiative with a proven track record of impact, entrepreneurship, and leadership in their community. They define early-stage ventures as those that have a working prototype/ MVP product or service with active customers or beneficiaries and demonstrated impact and revenue. Ideally, you are exploring your product-market fit.
- Entrepreneur from Mexico with ventures in the Product Fit or Scaling stage.
- You are looking for expert-led entrepreneurial training, access to funding opportunities, and a vast network of mentorship to accelerate your leadership skills and venture impact.
- Complete the online application: The online application contains 4 short essay questions and should take about 45 minutes to complete. The final deadline to submit your application is August 18, 2023.
- The admissions team will review applications on a rolling basis starting July 7, 2023. They review applications in two batches on a rolling basis and encourage you to submit your application early. Applications received prior to July 28 will be reviewed by August 14. Applications received after July 28 will be reviewed by September 7.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to a 20-minute Zoom interview. Interviews will begin July 10, 2023.
- The strongest applicant profiles will be shared with our external admissions committee for final review.
- The admissions team will begin sending out final acceptances and fellowship awards in mid August. Applications received prior to July 28 will receive their final admissions decision by August 14. Applications received after July 28 will receive their final admissions decisions by September 7.
- The last step to finalize enrollment is to review and sign Watson’s Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
For more information, visit Rising Leaders of Mexico Fellowship.