Deadline: August 30, 2023
Are you a dedicated and passionate young individual seeking to positively impact your community and hold elected officials accountable for their promises? If so, this is an exciting opportunity for you! The Brain Builders Youth Development Initiative (BBYDI) is launching the YouthGovTracka project and is searching for enthusiastic and committed Youth Focal Points in all 36 states of Nigeria.
As a Youth Focal Point, you will actively advocate for youth-inclusive policies in line with the Menu of Commitments in your designated state. You will engage with elected officials, raise awareness about the commitments, and support policy changes that promote youth participation, human rights, and freedom of expression. You will be pivotal in promoting transparency and accountability in governance.
Your responsibility will involve tracking and monitoring the progress of governors in your respective state based on the promises they made during their campaigns. This essential role will require you to conduct on-ground research, gather data, and provide monthly reports on the performance of elected officials.
- Becoming a Youth Focal Point will allow you to impact Nigeria’s political landscape significantly.
- You will acquire valuable skills in research, data collection, and effective communication.
- Additionally, you will receive comprehensive training and ongoing support to enhance your abilities as a youth advocate for good governance.
- Be between the ages of 18 to 35;
- A Nigerian resident in any of the 36 state;
- Possess a strong passion for youth engagement and accountability in governance;
- Exhibit good communication skills and a willingness to engage with citizens and elected officials;
- You must be resident in the state you are applying to be a Youth Focal Point.
Take advantage of this opportunity to be part of a transformative project that empowers young Nigerians to actively participate in the political process and promote good governance. Join in making a difference and shaping the future of Nigeria!
For more information, visit YouthGovTracka.