Deadline: August 18, 2023
Applications are open for the Social Enterprise World Forum (SEWF) Communication Internship 2023. The Communications Intern is a role in SEWF’s small but expanding team. The position is an opportunity for the applicant to gain communications and events experience within a global organisation, while also contributing towards the growth of the global social enterprise movement.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for amplifying SEWF’s impact and legacy. They will assist the Communications Manager in implementing SEWF’s communication goals including supporting social media management, online campaigns and newsletter creation. The candidate should be a creative thinker and be able to work independently yet collaboratively in a fast-paced environment within communications.
- Support the SEWF Communications Manager to manage SEWF’s online community growth, create social media content and increase online engagement not only across events but for all SEWF projects and programmes.
- Work closely with the communication teams of the 2023 Co-hosts (Amsterdam Impact and Social Enterprise NL) and other partners during SEWF23 week (9-13 October) in Amsterdam.
- Support with SEWF newsletters, blogs and event report.
- Assist with updates to the SEWF website.
- £12-14 per hour. The successful candidate must have the right to live and work where they are based and will be responsible for their tax and any other legal obligations.
- Applicant must be based in Europe and have the right to live and work where you are based;
- Fluent in English [essential];
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal) [essential];
- Ability to manage own workload and work independently and remotely [essential];
- Familiarity with design software (e.g. Canva) [essential];
- Ability to create social media content including captions [essential];
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and commercially [essential];
- Previous experience in a similar role or educational field of study, such as communications or journalism [essential];
- Attention to detail [essential];
- Copywriting, proofreading and SEO knowledge [essential];
- Proficiency in MS Office and customer/content management systems (Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Notion, WordPress, etc.) [essential];
- Team player and collaborative mindset [essential];
- Willingness to work some flexible hours before and during events [essential];
- Interest in social enterprise [essential];
- Previous experience building online membership and/or online communities [desirable];
- Design experience such as video and graphic editing [desirable].
Complete the short form and upload your CV (2 pages max.) and cover letter. Generic cover letters and CVs that do not relate candidate experience to the role will be discarded. Individual applicants only. No agencies. Interviews will be held on ZOOM in the morning, between 28 -29 August 2023.
For more information, visit SEWF.