Deadline: August 23, 2023
Applications for the Canon Collins Trust University of London LLM Scholarships 2023/2024 are open. Canon Collins Trust invites applications for scholarships to study for the Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma and/or the Master of Laws (LLM) by distance learning at the University of London in 2024.
Applicants can start at any level, and do not need to complete the whole programme. For example, applicants can start at Postgraduate Certificate level and work their way through to the LLM, or can stop after completing the PG Certificate. Applicants who have completed an LLB degree may start at LLM level, skipping the PG Certificate and Diploma.
- These scholarships are made possible by the generosity of University of London International Programmes which shall waive full tuition and examination entry fees for four scholarship recipients. Scholarship recipients have between 1 to 5 years to complete the qualification; however recipients are required to complete at least two modules per year. Continued registration on the course is dependent upon satisfactory progress and academic reports.
Canon Collin’s Trust requires applicants for this scholarship to be:
- a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Malawi, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe;
- normally resident in one of these countries;
- in possession of the necessary qualifications required for admission to the programme;
- currently employed in full or part-time work;
- able to commit a minimum of 10 hours to study per week.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting documentation:
- ID document (the following are acceptable: passport, birth certificate, driver’s license)
- Academic transcripts, if applying for LLM
- Degree certificates, if applying for LLM, or school/other certificates
- Reference letters from two referees
- A copy of your two most recent payslips.
Ideally, you should submit an academic reference and a reference from an employer. If you are applying to start at PG Certificate level and have not attended university, you may supply two work references. You should ask your referees to write a reference that relates to your application for this award and reflects how you meet the selection criteria. It should outline your strengths as an applicant, demonstrate your capacity to study at the level required, and identify your potential impact in the future.
For more information, visit UOL LLM Scholarships.