Deadline: August 28, 2023
Applications are open for the NPO Capacity Building Programme 2023/2024. The National Youth Development Agency, through its flagship program, the National Youth Service Programme, will engage or enrol ninety (90) youth-led organisations across the nine provinces (10 organizations per province) into a capacity-building program for the period of six months, starting from 1 October 2023 to 31 March 2024.
Qualifying organizations will be taken through NYS norms and standards and provided with tools and templates during the induction period in provinces so that they are able to initiate and design social impact projects that promote social cohesion, nation-building, patriotism, active citizenship, and volunteerism. NYSU will collaborate with other key stakeholders to strengthen the delivery of the program by addressing governance and compliance-related issues.
Eligible organisations are invited to submit proposals in response to a Call for Proposals for NPO Capacity Building. Organisations proposals should demonstrate how they will incorporate working and engaging youth in conflict with the law and reintegration services and youth living with disabilities focused on variety of areas including , but not limited to:
- Health and Wellbeing (HIV/AIDS, Primary health care Programmes);
- GBV Prevention and intervention programme.
- Alcohol and substance abuse
- Education, Skills and Training
- Sport, Arts and Culture
- The organisation should be 100% youth-owned;
- Applicant be between the ages of 18 and 35 years;
- South African citizenship;
- Be operating within the borders of South Africa;
- Focus and implement community and youth development programme (Solution orientated);
- Organisation must be in operation between 0-3 years.
Organisations should submit proposals using the below information as a template:
- Problem statement or a need to be addressed.;
- Solutions/ project descriptions
- Stakeholders’ roles and responsibilities
- Project costing / Budget (excluding capital expenses
- Implementation plan
The following documents are required for application:
- Application form
- NPO/NGO registration documents (certificate) (If available)
- Copy of the Constitution of NPO (NPO Office stamped) or certified by SAPS or Commissioner of Oath
- Tax Certificate or Tax Exemption Certificate or proof of registration with SARS (If available)
- Certified Copies of Member(s) (not older than 6 months)
- Proof of Bank Account in the name of the organisation. (If available)
- Trade references: Minimum of two letters not older than 3 years
- CSD Registration
- Proof of project site/property ownership/lease agreement with start and end date (If available)
- If operating from a communal land or property, ask for a letter from the property owner, tribal house or a councillor confirming occupancy of the property with duration (period of occupancy)
Submit the proposal and documents to [email protected]. Include Subject line ‘RE: Call for Proposal NPO:2023/2024’
For more information, visit NPO Capacity Building Programme.