Deadline: September 24, 2023
Applications for the Youth Climate Justice Fund Grant 2023 are now open. The Youth Climate Justice Fund supports with core flexible funding to emerging youth climate justice collectives. They support youth climate justice movements with trust-based funding, resources and youth-to-youth capacity development.
Youth-led climate justice movements are at the heart of climate and socio-environmental justice. The YCJF drives ambitious, fair, and sustainable transitions worldwide. From leading a huge socio-environmental movement in 2018 to holding policymakers to their promises every day, youth climate movements are a driving force for change.
- Groups can apply for a grant of up to USD $10,000, which can be used for a period of 12 months.
- Your group or collective is led by young people aged 35 years and below. In order to be eligible for a YCJF grant, the majority of your leadership must be young people or the individuals with decision making power should be aged 35 years and below.
- Your group, network or collective is based in Africa; the Middle East; Asia-Pacific, South Asia; Latin America and the Caribbean; and Central, and Eastern Europe.
- You believe in and exhibit inclusive organizing, collective action and intersectional movement building.
- Your group, network or collective is based in North America or Western Europe but is led by young people who are discriminated against and/or marginalised based on class, ethnicity, background, etc.
- Non-partisan, non-violent, and legal movements.
They specifically look for groups who are:
- Cultivating diverse leadership rooted in fair and equitable climate action with community power.
- Raising ambitions and commitments on climate & socio-environmental justice.
- Holding policymakers accountable to their promises and strengthening community power.
Download the application guide available in 5 languages to aid your grant application.
For more information, visit Youth Climate Justice Fund.