Deadline: On Rolling Basis
Applications are invited for the International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) Program Internship 2023. This internship is a great opportunity to build foundational experience in running international programs. The internship is up to 35 hours a week with a three-month commitment, with the possibility of extending an additional three months. Internship can be fully remote or hybrid.
Core tasks could include coordinating travel logistics, maintaining databases, conducting due diligence, tracking finances, monitoring and evaluating projects, communicating impact through the Web and social media, researching media innovation for project development and other administrative tasks.
- Assist ICFJ staff with arranging travel and other logistics for program participants.
- Maintain Salesforce database with contact information and project data.
- Process expense reports and update financial tracking systems.
- Assist in managing social media (Facebook, Instagram, web analytics, etc.).
- Help recruit program participants and assist in the implementation of workshops/trainings.
- Assist in conducting program evaluations and writing reports.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Intern must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or a recent graduate;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter;
- Strong attention to detail and highly developed organizational skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Experience with logistics, event planning, research, databases, finances, administrative tasks and spreadsheets is preferred;
- Proficiency in a second language is helpful;
- Applicant must be U.S.-based and authorized to work in the U.S.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter. Only complete applications, including a cover letter, will be considered.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
For more information, visit ICFJ.