Deadline: September 30, 2023
Applications are open for the 2024 Charity Entrepreneurship Incubation Programs! The Charity Entrepreneurship Incubation Program is a two-month, cost-covered training program that gives a small cohort of talented people from all over the world everything they need to launch a field-leading charity.
Charity Entrepreneurship’s Incubation Program can help you start a high-impact NGO with their evidence-based ideas, expert training, and funding up to $200,000. The program runs online, with two weeks in person. It’s a full-time, cost-covered, intensive training designed by founders for founders.
Since 2018, they have assisted 50+ individuals from a wide range of backgrounds in launching 27 high-impact charities. Several are now on track to becoming field leaders, surpassing the cost-effectiveness of most impactful interventions in the areas of global health & development, animal welfare, and family planning (as evaluated by respected organizations such as Founders Pledge, GiveWell, and Rethink Priorities).
The program runs online, with two weeks in person.
The Incubation Program lasts 8 weeks, followed by a 2 week seed-funding process. During the 2-week seed-funding process, you make final improvements to your proposal, which is then submitted to our seed network who will make the final decision on your grant.
Full-time commitment is required during the program (i.e., 8+ hours per weekday).
- The necessary training
- Co-founder matching
- A well-connected and collaborative community
- An evidence-based and cost-effective intervention idea and
- A seed grant of up to $200,000 to get started.
During the program, they provide:
- Stipends to cover your living costs during the Incubation Program (e.g., rent, wifi, food, childcare). The stipends are around £2,000 per month, based on participants’ needs and adjusted accordingly.
- Travel and board costs for the 2 weeks in-person in London.
After the program:
If for any reason you will not be able to start a charity they provide:
- Career mentorship (our track record for connecting non-founder participants to research grants, related jobs, and other pathways to impact is near 100%).
- Two-month stipends to provide a safety net during the period of looking for alternative opportunities.
- Continued access to the CE community via their Slack network
- Open to candidates of all ages from a wide range of backgrounds.
- They are looking people who are open-minded, excited to learn, driven, and passionate.
- If founding a charity feels like an exciting opportunity to you, you are encouraged to apply! Even if you aren’t a perfect fit for the program, you’ll be one step closer to finding your true career path.
This program is for you if you:
- Are excited to make a huge impact with your career
- Like moving fast and working on a variety of different tasks
- Feel motivated by new challenges
They are not looking for any specific type of work experience or formal education. What our incubatees have in common is…
- A deep dedication to doing good
- Ambition to make rapid progress and achieve results
- The drive to always keep learning
- The grit and creativity to keep going even in the face of difficulties
- Diverse and complementary skill sets
This application form has four parts:
- A few general logistical questions
- 15 multiple-choice questions
- Two short questions, and
- A short fit assessment of 41 questions.
If you have your CV on hand, the process should not take more than 30 minutes. Once you advance to the first question, you can use the navigation bar to move around to different questions in the form.
This application round, you can apply to participate in one of the two programs:
- February – 31 March 2024 program
- August-September 2024 program (exact dates tba)
For more information, visit Charity Entrepreneurship.