Deadline: October 13, 2023
Applications are open for the Culture Resource Production Awards Program 2023. The program supports artists and writers from the Arab region, below the age of 35, by offering grants to enable them to produce their first creative projects.
Every year, 25 projects are selected for the grants, five in each artistic category. The program helps give young people the opportunity to create original works and develop new forms of artistic and literary expression. Since it was first launched in 2004, the Production Awards program has provided around 300 grants to artistic innovators in the Arab region.
The Production Awards program aims to support and encourage the artistic and literary productivity and creativity of a new generation of young artists and writers from the Arab region.
Grants are available for the following disciplines:
- Performing arts: Development and production of theater, dance and other performing arts works.
- Visual arts: Development and production of art works, exhibits, installations and books in the various visual arts disciplines, including sculpture, engraving, photography and light art
- Literature: Creation and publication of novels, shorts stories, poetry collections and theater texts.
- Music: Creation and recording of audio and audiovisual music works.
- Cinema/video: Production of short, medium-length and feature fictional, documentary, animated and
experimental films and videos works. Grants are available for projects in the production and post-production stages.
- Grants of up to €8,500 are available for projects in literature, music, performing arts and visual arts and of up to €13,000 for projects in cinema and video.
- Applicants must be between 15 and 35 years old as of the next first of January. Applications submitted by individuals not in this age bracket will be discarded;
- Applicants must originate from an Arab country regardless of ethnicity and citizenship status or whether they are currently residing in the Arab region or abroad;
- Application is open to artists of all disciplines: Performance arts, visual arts, literature, music, cinema/video, etc.
- The application must be submitted by: a film director for projects in the cinema/video category, a theatre director, choreographer or dance performance director for the performing arts, a writer for the literature production award, a musician or performer for the music category, and the main artist or curator for the visual arts.
- The applications must be completed in Arabic on the form available.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must include with their application a copy of their birth certificate, a letter of approval signed by a parent or guardian, and a copy of the identity card/passport of that parent/guardian.
- Applicants must attach a detailed budget projection, in the local currency of their country, for the project they plan to carry out.
- Applicants must include a detailed CV.
- They should also include a photocopy of their identity card or passport.
- Applicants may not apply for support for more than one project, whether in a single discipline or more than one discipline.
- Work on the proposed project can not begin before one month after the results are announced as the program does not cover project expenses incurred prior to the announcement of the results.
- Should the applicant have another funding source, he/she must clarify this in the application form and in the projected budget for the proposed project.
- Applications that are incomplete or lack the necessary attachments and supporting documents will not be considered.
- The Production Award program does not cover the reproduction of a project that has been previously produced or presented, or a project in the following domains: websites, workshops, support for entities or organizations, research.
- Applications will not be accepted from previous recipients of Culture Resource production awards until three years have lapsed after they received their previous grant.
Follow the following steps in order to create an account and register on the online applications platform:
- Enter the online applications page and fill in the required registration information.
- After clicking the “register” icon, you will receive a link by email. Click on the link to activate your account.
- Once you activated your account, you can re-enter the online application platform using your email address and password. You will then find the application form which you can fill out online.
For more information, visit Production Awards Program.