Deadline: October 13, 2023
Calling all emerging conservation photographers and storytellers! Applications are open for the Ocean Storytelling Photography Grant 2023.
These grants build on the legacy of the previous Marine Conservation Photography Grants and are dedicated to finding and supporting a new and diverse generation of conservation storytellers. While Save Our Seas Foundation is specifically looking for photographers who can tell conservation stories about oceans, the call is not limited to underwater photography. Applicants should think broadly — story topics can range from the animals themselves, to fisheries to the communities whose lives are intertwined with marine life. Four successful grantees will receive a fully-funded assignment to shoot a conservation photo story on location (including day rate and travel), under direct mentorship from the Ocean Storytelling Grant team.
- Award includes cash prize of $2,000 USD, day rate for 3–4-week shoot, year of mentorship, all logistical costs for shoot covered.
- Open to applicants from all backgrounds the world over.
- They are particularly seeking to support early career and emerging storytellers and aim to encourage new voices with new perspectives and photographic approaches. As such, applications must have no more than 5 years of professional experience in any photography related discipline.
- Additionally, over two-thirds of the previous photo grant applicants were male, and almost 80% from North America and Europe. In an effort to actively remedy these imbalances pervasive throughout the industry, they especially encourage women and applicants from South and Central America, the Caribbean, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and from underrepresented communities to apply for this opportunity.
- Applications will be accepted both directly via open call and through nomination.
Application deadline is October 13, 2023 at 18:00 (CEST). Late submission will not be accepted.
For more information, visit Ocean Storytelling Photography Grant.