Deadline: September 15, 2023
The Embassy of the Czech Republic in Pretoria is pleased to launch its annual call for proposals for the Small Scale Development Projects for 2024. The call concerns all countries accredited to the Embassy: South Africa, Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Lesotho and Namibia.
The Small Scale Project (SSP) is one of the instruments of the Development Cooperation of the Czech Republic. SSPs are identified by the respective Embassies of the Czech Republic (through applications submitted by potential implementers) and approved by the HQ of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). SSP aims to contribute to the local community through small-scale development activities in accordance with the country’s national development priorities.
- Czech financial contribution for the project is 200,000 – 500,000 CZK (co-financing from other sources is arbitrary and desirable).
- The implementer of the SSP is a non-governmental and non-political organization with legal personality in the country of the project implementation.
- The implementer must be eligible to sign a contract with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic (MFA CZ) that establishes jurisdiction of Czech laws and courts.
- The focus of projects should be aligned to the development priorities in the particular country with emphasis on skills and community development and job creation.
South Africa, Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Lesotho and Namibia
In order to be considered, all proposals have to be carried out in English and include:
- 2 copies of completed SSP 2024 Identification Form (one copy has to be scanned with a stamp and signature in .pdf, another one saved and sent in .xlsx);
- copy of the document proving the applicant’s legal status;
- copy of the document confirming the authorization of the contact person – the project manager authorized to act on behalf of the institution, sign the Identification Form and oversee and implement the project;
- copy of the ID document/passport of the project manager;
- at least three reference letters/documentations of previous implementations of similar development projects.
All documents have to be submitted by September 15, 2023 to [email protected]. The subject of the email should state “SSP 2023: name of the implementer”.
Successful applicants will sign a contract with the Embassy of the Czech Republic during the first quarter of 2024.
For more information, visit Small Scale Projects.