Deadline: September 18, 2023
Applications for the Oceanovation Africa Programme 2023 are now open. Oceanovation is an ambitious and transformative programme aimed at driving innovation, sustainability, and community development within the blue economy sectors. By offering advanced training, promoting research on blue economy solutions, fostering community-based projects, and facilitating innovation bootcamps, this programme seeks to empower participants with the knowledge and skills needed to contribute to the growth and prosperity of blue economy industries.
The goal of the programme is to advance solutions for a sustainable blue economy in Africa. This programme aims to address both opportunities and challenges by equipping participants with the skills to innovate and develop solutions that advance the blue economy.
The Oceanovation Programme aims to harness these opportunities by fostering a collaborative and innovative ecosystem that supports the development of sustainable and economically viable solutions for various ocean related challenges, by providing a comprehensive platform for learning, research, and practical application.
- Applicants must be citizens of any African country between 21 and 35 years old.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any field relevant.
- Applicants must have a genuine interest and passion for blue economy and a desire to contribute to the achievement of the SDG 14 in Africa.
- Fellows should demonstrate leadership potential and a strong commitment to making a positive impact in their respective countries and communities.
- Fellows must be available to actively participate in the programme, including attending training sessions, workshops, and community projects.
- Applicants should have a good command of the English language, as the programme will be conducted in English.
- Applicants should have access to a reliable internet connection and necessary technology devices to fully participate in virtual activities and meetings.
NB: The Oceanovation Africa Programme will be conducted in English, and applicants must have adequate knowledge of the language. Applications not submitted in English will be disqualified. This programme will be conducted in an hybrid format using various learning pedagogy and communication platforms. Selected applicants will be onboard and enrolled in the programme starting on September 21, 2023.
The application deadline for the 2023 cohort of the Oceanovation Africa Programme is September 18, 2023 at 10:00PM (WAT). Complete and submit the application form before the deadline!
For more information, visit Oceanovation Africa Programme.