Deadline: September 20, 2023
Applications are open for the LA Tutors Innovation in Education Scholarship 2023. LA Tutors are passionate about sparking the creative genius in students and would love to commend those outstanding students who have a made a difference in the lives of others in some innovative or technological fashion.
At LA Tutors 123, they believe that it’s more than just the grades that make a great well-rounded student. Each one is creative in his or her own way: some of you blog; others curate documentary photography on Instagram; still others find imaginative ways to solve problems in their public and private lives. Creativity is the air each one of us breathes, but sometimes we get so concerned with grades that we forget that imagination is our natural problem solver.
One way to showcase your creativity is to innovate either by solving a problem, by designing something that helps others solve problems, or by enhancing our relationship with whatever matters to us. Innovation is what brings our technical skills and our hopes together in unique ways. It also provides opportunities for gaining real-working experience in a chosen field and gives students the chance to connect with professionals outside their circle who might be able to help students get into their top choice program. In the end, innovation makes people look at the bigger picture, which is the best preparation for college, graduate programs, and more.
- The applicant of the winning project will receive a one-time scholarship of $500 which may be applied to the following school-related expenses: tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board.
- Must currently be enrolled as a high school, college/university, or graduate student.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (or the equivalent).
- Must be a citizen of, permanent resident of, or hold an active F1 I-20 or active J1 DS -2019 in the United States or Canada on the date of scholarship selection (25th of each month).
- Must have designed an innovative project that makes a difference in the lives of others (This could be a website, series of blogs, an app, fundraising event, etc.).
- Must submit an essay describing the goal of the particular project and provide supporting documentation. There is no minimum or maximum word/page count.
- The essay, idea, or creation must be the applicant’s original work.
All submissions must be uploaded no later than 11:59 pm PST on the 20th of each month. The submission window closes starting the 21st and will reopen on the 1st at 8:00 a.m. Students are welcome to reapply each month. Previous winners are not eligible to reapply.
Upload an essay, letter of recommendation, and photo of yourself before submitting the application. All of the following documents must be included:
- Essay – The essay should describe the goal of the particular project and provide the link to access the content such as the blog, app, etc. (if applicable). Word or PDF format only.
- Letter of Recommendation – The letter should preferably be from someone who oversaw your project or can speak to the quality of your work on your project. Letters of recommendation of any type are accepted. Word or PDF format only.
- Your Photo – The photo should be one taken during project execution. JPG, PNG, GIF, TIFF format only. Maximum file size 2MB
For more information, visit Innovation in Education Scholarship.