Deadline: October 20, 2023
Applications for the UBA National Essay Competition 2023 are now open. The National Essay Competition, targeted at senior secondary students in Nigeria, is organised annually, as part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative which aims to promote the reading culture and encourage healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
Essay Topic: Will Artificial Intelligence (AI) take over Human Intelligence? What should students do to ensure AI doesn’t override but enhance their ability to learn through research?
- 1st Prize: N5 million educational grant to any African University of your choice
- 2nd Prize: N3 million in educational grants to any African University of your choice.
- 3rd Prize: N2.5 million in educational grants to any African University of your choice.
- Applicant must be a Nigerian Senior Secondary school student;
- Must submit a passport photograph;
- Must submit a scanned copy of a means of identification (birth certificate, National ID, or passport).
Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities, who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessment. Following this, a second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second supervised essay from which three best essays will be selected as the three best overall winners of the competition.
- Applicants must upload a scanned copy of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
- Applicants must upload a handwritten essay (not more than 750 words) on the portal.
The application deadline is Friday, October 20, 2023. No applications after this deadline will be considered.
For more information, visit UBA Essay Competition.