Deadline: November 30, 2023
Applications are invited for the Akademie Schloss Solitude Fellowship 2023-2024. Akademie Schloss Solitude supports young artists and scientists, as well as cultural professionals via residential fellowships only. Are you interested in applying for a residential fellowship? This is your chance!
International artists and scientists, as well as cultural professionals are invited to apply for fellowships in the spheres listed here:
- VISUAL – Visual arts and media
- Including painting, sculpture, drawing, installation, film, video, printing, ceramics, textiles, performance
- AURAL & PHYSICAL – Music and performing arts
- Including music, music interpretation and composition, sound installation, sound performance, dance, choreography, drama, theater, music theater, dramaturgy, directing
- DIGITAL – Digital Solitude
- Including digital art, gaming, hacking, computing, programming, web-based video production and installation, digital journalism, digital publishing
- SPATIAL – Architecture and design
- Including architecture, urban planning, landscape architecture, applied arts, design, stage design, fashion design, costume design, product design, furniture design
- TEXTUAL – Literature and language
- Including German-language and international literature in all written forms (dramatic texts, lyric poetry, prose, essay, and translation)
- SOCIETAL/COMMUNAL-BASED WORK – Education, mediation, theory
- Including art criticism, critical theory, curation, art education, socially engaged art
- SCIENTIFIC – art, science & business/Humanities, social, natural and economic sciences
- Including philosophy, anthropology, biology, botany, physics, mathematics, computer science, cultural studies, ecology, gender studies, history, law, public policy, medicine, political science and political theory, psychology, sociology, economics, and finance
The fellowship includes the following benefits:
- A free, furnished living/working studio including electricity, water and heating.
- A monthly fellowship grant of €1,200.
- Travel expenses for arrival and departure (on a one-time basis).
The Akademie also offers optional additional benefits which are adjustable in accordance with the current budget situation:
- Transport expenses subsidy for the carriage of materials, tools, instruments and books to Stuttgart and from Stuttgart to the fellow’s home town,
- Project funding and one-off materials subsidy,
- Health insurance in the case of non-EU fellowship candidates.
- Artists and scientists can apply. The Solitude fellowship is a residential fellowship. Fellows are obliged to spend at least two thirds of their fellowships at the Akademie. All fellows must have their permanent residence in Stuttgart for the fellowship’s duration (obligation to register residence).
- Applications from students enrolled in degree programs will not be considered; PhD students may submit applications.
- Applications of artist groups are possible.
- Knowledge of either German and/or English and/or French is a prerequisite for application.
- Double applications to the Kunststiftung Baden-Württemberg gGmbH (Arts Foundation Baden-Württemberg) and the AkademieSchloss Solitude are not permitted.
- Applicants whose applications are refused during a specific selection procedure may send in applications during two other rounds (maximum).
Application rounds for Solitude fellowships are held every two years. The jury awards a maximum of 65 fellows. 42 live/work studios and three guest studios are available. Scholarships are usually awarded for a period of six, nine or twelve months.
For more information, visit Akademie Schloss Solitude Fellowship.