Deadline: February 19, 2024
Applications are invited for the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships 2024/2025. In 2023, the Trust awarded 21 Scholarships at British and South African universities, by means of generous academic partnerships with leading institutions. Beit Trust Scholarships are for Postgraduate degrees only. They do not provide scholarships for undergraduate work and their postgraduate focus is on Masters Degrees.
The next round of Beit Scholarships to be awarded is for the academic year beginning September 2024 for universities in the UK; and January 2025 for universities in South Africa.
- The scholarship covers fees, tuition costs and related academic expenses. These are paid by the Trust direct to the Partner Universities.
- A personal allowance, index-linked in accordance with guidance from an independent authority, covering maintenance support.
- Other allowances are paid for arrival, a laptop and departure.
- Economy Class tickets are provided for the initial journey to the place of study, and on final return.
- No allowances are paid for spouses and other family members or dependants.
- By Act of Parliament, the Beit Trust supports ONLY students who are nationals of Zambia, Zimbabwe or Malawi, who hold permanent residence, live there and/or intend to return to their country after their studies.
- Applicants must be under 35 years of age on December 31, 2023. Relevant experience of work after completion of a first degree is strongly recommended and will count towards the award of a scholarship.
- Doctors and Vets should have completed 18 months of internship, and a one-year, preferably rural, posting in Zambia, Zimbabwe or Malawi.
- The Trust cannot consider applications from those who have already begun a course.
- The Trust will only consider applicants with First Class/Distinction or Upper Second Class Honours degrees (or equivalent) at undergraduate level.
Ensure you have all the documents below ready to upload electronically. Once you start the application process, you must complete it, as you will not be able to save answers and return to it later. You will, however, be able to scroll through the form before you begin to fill it in. You will be required to upload the following documents with your application:
- A signed Medical Certificate Form from your doctor. This will need to be completed before you begin the application process below. Download the form here: Medical Certificate Form
- A copy of your offer letter from a UK Partner University/s; or a PDF document detailing the university/s and course/s you will apply to at a South African Partner University/s.
- Degree results (incl. certificates of importance and full transcripts).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- A personal statement to explain in your own words (no longer than 500) how you think a postgraduate degree will benefit your country and its development.
- A clear recent photograph of yourself: not a passport photo, but something that shows you to your best advantage.
- A clear copy of your valid passport, showing date of issue and expiry. Ensure it is valid for the duration of your proposed studies; and that sufficient blank pages are available to accommodate visa and travel stamp requirements.
For more information, visit Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships.