Deadline: December 31, 2023
Applications are open for the UPG Sustainability Leadership Class of 2024. UPG Sustainability Leadership is a movement that mobilises individuals and organisations to support positive citizen leadership on sustainability. It is a movement that encourages and enables citizens at all levels to take positive action. A movement inspired by the UPG’s commitment to do what they can with what they have, rather than wait for someone else to act. It is a movement that embodies the notion that everyone can do something to make the world more sustainable.
UPG believes that sustainability includes BOTH the usual “green” issues such as planting trees, recycling waste, managing energy, protecting the oceans AND other issues that have been central to societies for a long time such as: education, health, jobs, gender equality, sustainable consumption, sustainable production and more. For those who are familiar with it, UPG uses the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a guide. The flagship activity is the #UPGSustainability Leadership training program for 500+ young adults from across the globe every year.
- Participation in UPG Sustainability Leadership is FREE for selected participants. All 500 participants will receive online training free of charge and all will be certified as UPG Sustainability Leaders after completion of the course.
- Participants selected for the 1-week immersive excursion will have the costs of the programme covered – training material, accommodation, subsistence, local transportation, international flights (a round trip flight from participant’s hometown to the US).
- People who are passionate in a specific area (e.g. jobs or education or oceans), there is no need to be passionate in all areas.
- People who have already taken action related to sustainability AND people who have NEVER taken action.
- People from all world regions.
- People aged 18 to 35 between 1 March and 31 July 2024.
- People of different levels of education.
- People who have a strong motivation to be UPG Sustainability Leaders.
- People who are willing and able to take action on sustainability.
- People who believe in UPG’s mission to empower people to make the world a better place through positive action.
The evaluation is done by reviewing the following four sections of your application:
- Profile – who are you? This helps them to strive for diversity.
- Motivation – why do you want to be a UPG Sustainability Leader?
- Capability – how capable are you to do what you want to do?
- Potential for Impact – what is the potential of your early ideas?
As part of this application, it is strongly recommended that you submit a short video (maximum 2 minutes) to answer any of the questions from any section above or to tell them more about yourself. Among other things, the video helps them evaluate your English language skills. You may submit that video by including a link to the video in the application now (there is a section in the application for this). Or you may complete the application first and mention that you will do the video later. And then submit a link to your video here. For your video to be considered it must be submitted by the deadline.
For more information, visit UPG Sustainability Leadership.