Deadline: October 20, 2023
Do you want to: make a big impact on Internet governance in your community? Receive training and connect with a network of key influencers in the Internet governance sphere? Attend a key Internet event? Gain access to a platform where you can raise your voice on Internet issues that matter to you? Influence policies that defend the Internet? Applications now for the Internet Society Youth Ambassador Program 2024.
Each year, the Internet Society chooses fifteen young, passionate people to participate in their Youth Ambassador Program, equipping the next generation of Internet leaders to collaborate and innovate for a better world.
This program brings the opportunity to:
- Attend a significant Internet event especially selected for you according to your preferences, profile, and location.
- Deepen your subject expertise through specific Internet governance online training.
- Broaden your advocacy, communications, project management, and leadership skills.
- Engage and collaborate with key Internet stakeholders from around the world.
- Be mentored by key Internet leaders and experts.
- Develop the skills and connections needed to make more of an impact in your local community (and beyond!)
All applicants must:
- Be between the ages of 18-30 at the date of the submitted application.
- Have a high level of reading, speaking and writing skills in English.
- Be comfortable with public speaking and communicating positions.
- Have continuous access to the Internet during all the phases of the program as well as the appropriate equipment.
- Be able to dedicate a minimum of 4 hours per week during the full program duration.
- Have the availability to take part in weekly meetings and webinars, usually between 11h and 16h UTC.
- Be able to travel and hold a valid passport.
- Not have been previously selected as an Internet Society’s IGF Ambassador, IGF Youth Ambassador, Youth@IGF Fellow, or Youth Ambassador.
There is an annual selection process, with applications for each intake opening in October. There are two phases to the selection process.
- Online Application
A selection committee evaluates the best submissions to select the Youth Ambassadors. The selection committee, composed of Internet Society staff, alumni and Chapter/Special Interest Group/Standing Group leaders, attempts to achieve professional, geographical, and gender diversity in the overall selections.
- Online Internet Governance Course
The highest scoring applicants take an online course on Internet Governance. All participants will be divided into three classes, each with a dedicated tutor to facilitate the learning process.
The 15 top-rated students are chosen for this program.
For more information, visit Internet Society.