Deadline: January 31, 2024
Applications are open for the EPSO Young Plant Scientist Award 2024. EPSO wishes to encourage the development of ideas and imaginative thinking in plant science and is therefore offering two awards to young scientists to attend the Science Day of the EPSO General Meeting to be held in Oeiras, Portugal and present their research to EPSO’s representatives from across Europe.
EPSO, the European Plant Science Organisation, is an independent academic organisation currently representing 70 institutional members bringing together more than 200 research institutes, departments and universities from 31 countries in Europe and beyond. EPSO’s mission is to improve the impact and visibility of plant science in Europe. EPSO’s top priorities are to provide advice on science policy towards a strategic approach and critical mass funding for basic and applied research across Europe, to coordinate research activities at the national and European levels – and beyond, and to facilitate the understanding of plant science.
- The awards will cover registration and travel and the awardee can present a lecture on her / his research during a plenary session of the Science Day.
- Each awardee will also receive an honorarium of €200 from EPSO.
- Applications are invited from PhD students working on either fundamental or applied aspects of research on plants. One award will be offered in each category.
Awards will be chosen based on submitted abstracts. The selection criteria will be:
- The novelty of the idea or approach being taken
- The potential of the research to improve understanding or outcomes in the selected field of plant science
- The clarity with which the problem or research topic is conveyed to a non-specialist plant scientist.
PhD students wishing to apply should submit the completed Application Form including their abstract and a short Curriculum Vitae. Two EPSO jury will select two winners, one from the fundamental research category, the other from the applied research category.
Applicants can be nominated by others, and to be eligible they must be a PhD student on 31.1.2024 and work in an institute/university that has EPSO institutional membership (check online). Send your entry to [email protected] with the subject “EPSO Young Plant Scientist Award 2024” until January 31, 2024.
For more information, visit EPSO Young Plant Scientist Award.