Deadline: March 1, 2024
Do you know a child whose actions and involvement have contributed to improving children’s rights? Then give this person the opportunity to be recognized for their efforts by nominating him or her for the International Children’s Peace Prize 2024.
Every year this prestigious prize is awarded to a child who is boldly fighting for children’s rights. Winning the International Children’s Peace Prize puts this changemaker in the spotlight all over the world. This year, the winner’s message reached more than 3.1 billion people!
The winner receives:
- The “Nkosi” statuette which depicts a child that sets the world in motion.
- The “Desmond Tutu study and care fund” to enable the child to obtain an education.
- A project fund of €100,000, which is invested by KidsRights in relevant children’s rights projects that are closely connected to the winner’s area of work.
In addition, winning the International Children’s Peace Prize gives the winner a global platform to promote their work.
- Any person above the age of 18 or an organization can nominate a child;
- The child must be between the age of 12 and 17 by the time of the nomination deadline;
- The child can be from any country in the world;
- The child must have a demonstrable history of standing up and fighting for the rights of children, including himself or herself;
- The child needs to be able to travel abroad and feel comfortable communicating with other people. In fact, if they are chosen as the winner, they will need to travel to the ceremony and be able to communicate their message to different stakeholders;
- The child agrees to being nominated for the International Children’s Peace Prize.
You can nominate a child by filling in the nomination form. You can also email organisers at [email protected] and they will make sure to send you a copy and keep you updated on the nomination process as well as the International Children’s Peace Prize.