Deadline: January 8, 2024
Applications are open for the ICIMOD SANDEE Research Grants 2024. SANDEE invites concept notes in the areas of environmental and resource economics relating to the development of South Asia and the HKH region, with a focus on the above-mentioned three strategic areas of work. Of particular interest are concept notes that demonstrate a clear demand from policymakers for their underlying research.
SANDEE, a research capacity and academic leadership development network of ICIMOD, provides research support to researchers and institutions from South Asia and the Hindu Kush Himalaya (HKH) region interested in the interconnections among economic development, the environment, and the use of natural resources. Over the next four years (2023–2026), ICIMOD will be working in line with its new vision towards 2030: a greener, more inclusive, and climate-resilient HKH. It will mainly focus its work in three strategic groups:
- Reducing Climate and Environmental Risks
- Resilient Mountain Economies and Landscapes
- Enabling Regional and Global Mechanisms for Sustainable Action
- Grants are likely to be in the range of $20,000–$30,000 over a two-year period. The upper limit grants are aimed for the multidisciplinary teams involving two or more countries in the region or focus on a transboundary issue that requires interdisciplinary team.
- Researchers from and working in South Asia and the HKH region are eligible to submit concept notes.
- To avoid conflict of interest, researchers whose relatives are working at ICIMOD, and current consultants are not eligible for receiving the research grant.
- Principal investigators (PIs) must be junior to mid-career professionals employed by a university, research institute, or other similar institutions in the region, including government agencies and non-profit organisations. Senior researchers (professors, directors, and other similar level/positions) are not eligible for the research support/grant.
- Institutional affiliation of the PI is mandatory for receiving research support. While submitting a full proposal (not needed for concept notes), a support letter from the institution where the PI is affiliated is required for further consideration.
- Women researchers and researchers affiliated with member universities of the Himalayan University Consortium (HUC) are encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit SANDEE Grant.