Deadline: February 28, 2024
Applications are open for the Vickie Remoe Prize for Journalism & New Media 2023-2024. The Vickie Remoe Prize highlights emerging journalists and new media content creators for excellence, originality, and creativity.
The following awards will be made annually in Journalism and New Media. The four categories include news writing, photography, broadcasting (TV), and content creation. Each category will split the number of prizes between male (s) and female (s) applicants. The prize will roll over to the next year if no man or woman submits a finalist application in one or more categories.
- The maximum prize amount to be awarded for 2024 is nLe. 200,000.
- All applicants must be residents of Sierra Leone and hold Sierra Leonean citizenship.
- Candidates applying for the news writing prize must have no more than five years of experience as a practitioner. All other categories, including photojournalism, film, and content creation, are excluded. No newsprint candidates can apply, no matter their years of experience.
- There is no age limit for participation.
- Women and People Living With disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Near and extended family members of Vickie Remoe are not ineligible. Vickie Remoe & Company staff and their family are also ineligible.
The deadline for submission is February 28, 2024. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit Vickie Remoe Prize.