Deadline: December 8, 2023
Applications are open for the Aga Khan University Women Leadership Academy in Pakistan 2024. The Women Leadership academy (WLA), an initiative of the Aga Khan University, aims at promoting enhanced women’s leadership and decision-making within civil society.
WLA invites applications from young and upcoming women in management or supervisory roles and with experience in Community Based Organizations in the health and education sectors and non-governmental organizations in Pakistan. The WLA will provide participants with skills to enable them to move ahead in their career and leadership roles.
The WLA program is divided into five-modules and will run for six months. Upon graduation, a certificate will be awarded followed by enrolment into the alumni program for networking and mentorship.
The five modules are:
- Leading in our context
- Leading self and others
- Leading for impact
- Life, financial and business skills
- Learning to learn, using and building a support structure
- Upon successful completion of the course, the participants will join an alumni network where they will interact, have discussions on mutually agreed topics and create a platform for mentorship, coaching and exchange programs whenever possible.
- The program is funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC) as part of the Foundations for Health and Empowerment (F4HE) and Foundations for Education and Empowerment (F4EE) grants.
- There is no cost to the participants or their organizations. AKU will facilitate the participants with equipment and cater for the internet charges.
They invite participants from Civil Society Organizations who fit the following criteria:
- Have a minimum of two years’ post-secondary education;
- Aged between 30 – 45 years old;
- Actively involved in Civil Society Organization activities at least for the past 5 years;
- Proficient in the English and Urdu language;
- Can commit at least 4 hours a week for the 6 months duration of the course;
- Can commit 5 days at the start of the programme and 3 days at the end of the program for full-time engagements;
- Willing to participate in Alumni activities.
Applications should be received no later than close of business (PST), December 8, 2023.
For more information, visit Aga Khan University.