Deadline: March 13, 2024
Applications are open for the TWAS-LUMS Postgraduate Fellowship Programme 2024. The Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Pakistan — and TWAS offer fellowships to young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue research towards a PhD in Natural Sciences and Engineering.
TWAS-LUMS Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable at the departments of The Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering (SBASSE) of the Lahore University of Management Sciences, Lahore, Pakistan for studies leading to a PhD degree in one of the fields of Natural Sciences and Engineering. The Fellowship may be granted for a maximum period of 60 months (or five years).
- LUMS will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs, such as food, accommodation, local transportation and incidental minor illness. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year;
- Hold a Master’s degree in a field of natural sciences*;
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
*Computer sciences and IT fall under Engineering Sciences for TWAS.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 13 March 2024 (11:59 pm Pakistan time).
For more information, visit TWAS-LUMS Postgraduate Fellowship.