Deadline: June 30, 2013
The International Office is pleased to announce 5 Newcastle University Nigeria Scholarship (NU Nigeria Scholarship) awards. These are available for high achieving Nigerian students applying for entry onto postgraduate taught degree or research programmes within the:
- Newcastle University Law School
- Newcastle University Business School (NUBS)
- Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering (SAgE)
- Faculty of Medical Sciences Faculty (FMS) including Taught and Research Programme
These are available for students commencing their studies in September 2013. Each scholarship will have a value of £3,500, payable towards the first year of tuition fees.
You could be eligible to apply for a NU Nigeria Scholarship if:
- You have been offered a place on any postgraduate degree programme in the Science, Agriculture and Engineering (SAgE) Faculty, Medical Sciences Faculty (FMS), Newcastle University Law School and Newcastle University Business School (NUBS)
- You are a Nigerian national and have been assessed as international/overseas for fees purposes.
- You have a Second Class Upper degree from a recognised Nigerian University and satisfy all other requirements
- You intend to register to start your studies during the 2013-14 academic year
- You are a self-funded student and not in receipt of other University or external awards
How to Apply
The scheme is applied for through a separate application form including a personal statement of no more than 500 words. Completed application forms should be sent to: [email protected]
Country managers will award on the basis of best qualified students and content of personal statement – in consultation with Head of International Recruitment and faculty representatives. Please note that NU Nigeria Scholarship applications cannot be considered for candidates unless they have already applied for and been offered a place to study at the University.
Newcastle upon Tyne
Telephone: +44 191 222 6856
Email: [email protected]
For more information, click here.