Do Something Award of $100,000: For US/Canadian Residents
Deadline: April 15, 2013
Are you a young person under the age of 25 creating change? A permanent US or Canadian citizen or resident? The Do Something awards is the competition for you. The awards are the premier award show for young people, who are creating change.
- 5 finalists: Each finalist will receive a $10,000 community grant
- 1 Grand Prize winner: Will recieve a $100,000 community grant
- All winners have the option of receiving $5,000 of the total money awarded in the form of an educational scholarship.
- Applicants must be 25 or younger (born on or after 9/1/87)
- Must be a US or Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- The applicant has identified a problem and clear ways to combat it.
- The applicant is passionate and committed to empowering the community* in which s/he works.
- The applicant has cultivated long-term and respectful relationships within his/her community.
- The applicant demonstrates that s/he has directly and individually fueled the success of his/her work.
- The applicant has extensively and tangibly improved the lives of others.
- The applicant has created great awareness about his/her issue or cause.
- The applicant has a long-term vision for the growth and sustainability of his/her work.
- The applicant is the “best-in-class” in his/her issue.
- The applicant is confident and enthusiastic about being a leader.
The Do Something Award Selection Process
- Do Something Award applications are reviewed and judged by the Do Something Award Academy (comprised of former winners) and Do Something Awards team (comprised of Do Something staff) who read through every application and select semi-finalists.
- The Do Something Award finalists are flown to New York City, where representatives from the Do Something Award Selection Committee (comprised of key not-for-profit and corporate professionals) and the Academy interview the finalists face-to-face.
- The semi-finalists are narrowed down to five Do Something Award finalists who will be honored in late August and receive a minimum of $10,000 in community grants and scholarships. Of those five winners, one will be selected as the grand prize Do Something Award winner and receive a total of $100,000 in community grants.
- The Do Something Award community grant money is paid directly to the nominee’s organization or the not-for-profit of the nominee’s choice. All winners have the option of receiving $5,000 of the total money awarded in the form of an educational scholarship.
Know someone who would be perfect for this criteria? Email [email protected]
For more information, click here.