Call for Applications: 2013 SEED Awards for Innovative Projects
Deadline: June 12, 2013
Applications are invited from innovative entrepreneurs for the 2013 SEED Awards. Supported by the UN Women, the SEED awards seek innovative projects on gender equality and women’s empowerment. The initiative aims to help the most promising start-up entrepreneurs, women-led enterprises and other social and environmental inspiring businesses to integrate ideas and proposals to address pressing local issues.
About the Award
The award includes:
- expert advice on developing their business plans for the winners
- participation in specially-designed workshops to enhance their skills
- benefit from high-level profiling of their enterprises through an international network of businesses, governments and development institutions.
Up to two SEED Gender Equality Awards will be given.
Innovative entrepreneurs from emerging economies, developing and least developed countries to win a tailor-made support package to help expand their business.
To be eligible to apply for the SEED Gender Equality Award, the enterprises need to:
- Demonstrate entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Deliver economic, social and environmental benefits.
- Show the intention and potential to become financially sustainable.
- Be a partnership between different stakeholder groups.
- Be locally driven or locally led.
- Demonstrate that it has the potential for scale up or significant replication.
- Be in the early stages of implementation.
- Be from a country with a developing or emerging economy.
- Be run or owned by a woman or women and prioritize gender equality and/or women’s empowerment as a core objective.
Detailed eligibility criteria are available at www.seedinit.org, along with details of previous Award Winners.
For more information, click here.